Whether you are driving, riding a bike, using a ride share service such as Lyft or Uber, or taking public transit, Corvallis is easy to get around.  Use some of these resources to help get started on your journey.

Public Transport (CTS)

Interested in taking public transport?  The Corvallis Transit System, or CTS, can get you where you want to go!  The best part is, bus rides within the Corvallis area are free! 


Corvallis is great for bicycle! Getting around by bike is a great option.  Although you don't need to obtain a license to travel by bike, you should still familiarize yourself with the rules of the road.

Thinking about a driver's license?

Look no further! Start here with Oregon DMV Driver's Manuals. You will want to study before taking the driving test.

Once you arrived at Oregon State University, you may want to apply for an Oregon Identification Card (Oregon ID) or an Oregon Driver's License and use them as your government ID. To get those ID's, you would need to go to the DMV in person.

There are two DMV locations in the Linn - Benton County area:

Corvallis DMV

870 NE Circle Blvd, Corvallis, OR 97330

Opens from 8AM to 5PM (10 AM to 5 PM on Wednesdays) on weekdays.



Albany DMV

2242 Santiam Hwy SE, Albany, OR 97322

Opens from 8AM to 5PM (10 AM to 5 PM on Wednesdays) on weekdays.



We recommend you to make an appointment before hand, though walk-in services are available if the offices have the capacity.

We recommend completing the online application first and then schedule an appointment before going to a DMV location to save time. On the day of the appointment, please bring the following documents to the DMV office:

- Your passport and your I-20.

- Your most recent I-94 

- A proof of residence address. It can be your bank statement, your apartment's lease and/or the utility bills. You can also contact the Office of International Services and ask them to send you a mail to your address, giving your name, US address, and telephone number. The University Housing and Dining Services (UHDS) may also be able to assist you if you live on campus.

You would need to pay $44.50 for an Oregon ID or $60 for a driver's license.

For more information on driver's license and the knowledge test, please visit Oregon DMV's website.

In the State of Oregon, you don't need motorcycle endorsement to operate those vehicles. However, they must fit into the definitions laid out by the Oregon DMV. Similar to driving a car or riding a motorcycle, you must not operate them under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and you are liable for driving under influences (DUI) charges.

Motorized Scooters

A motorized scooter is a scooter that is powered by either an internal combustion engine or an electric motor. Its maximum engine displacement should not exceed 35 cc or has a greater electric output than 1000 watts. It should have a maximum top speed of 24 mph (38 km/h). It also needs to have approved lighting when you are riding it under dark, fog, and other situations where the visibility is limited. You don't need a driver's license to ride a scooter. You are not allowed to ride a motorized scooter on sidewalk, but you can use the bike lane.


A moped is a motorized bicycle with an internal combustion engine that has an engine displacement between 35.01 cc to 50 cc. Its top speed cannot exceed 30 mph (48 km/h). It must have an automatic transmission that does not require any clutching or shifting. In the State of Oregon, you must have a driver's license to operate a moped, and it must be registered and insured. However, you don't need to have a motorcycle endorsement to ride one. If it exceeds its maximum engine displacement or has a top speed that is faster than 30 mph, it is considered as a motorcycle and you will need motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license to legally operate one. You must wear a DOT certified helmet when riding a moped, and you cannot ride a moped on highways or interstates. You are not allowed to ride a moped on sidewalks or bike lanes.

Electric-Assisted Bicycles

Like regular bicycles, you don't need a driver's license to ride an electric-assisted bicycle. Under Oregon law, an electric-assisted bicycle must have operative pedals for human propulsion, and the maximum motor output may not exceed 1000 watts. Its maximum speed should not exceed 20 mph (32 km/h) and adequate lighting is required when riding in the dark, fog, or other limited visibility environments. You can ride an electric-assisted bicycle on sidewalks and bike lanes.